Also known as: Assistant Finance Manager, Assistant Financial Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant
Supporting the Financial Controller in the management of the Finance function for the hotel as specified and ensuring that the hotel team regularly prepare accurate management and financial accounts consistent with company accounting policies and timetables.
Your duties may include:
• To meet all financial budgets and have strategies to justify revenue and costs
• To monitor all entries to the General ledger
• To reconcile all Bank Accounts and maintain Balance Sheet working papers
• To undertake responsibility for the preparation and presentation of the monthly Profit and Loss Account
• To analyse Revenue and Capital expenditures in conjunction with approved budgets
• To produce monthly management reports and identify variances
• To carry out internal audit checks within the accounts section and complete daily Income Audit on the Hotel’s daily revenue
• To demonstrate compliance with credit cards PCI (Payment card Industry) – DSS (Data Security Standard) and all electronic and physical information associated with credit card information
• To manage through the team the granting of credit and the collection of debt
• To attend and contribute to all daily and weekly team meetings
• To pay all suppliers on a timely basis
• To respond to any guest/supplier queries on a timely bases
• To assist the financial controller with any ad-hoc projects.